- Commercial Irrigation system designed to suit applications such as:
- Plant / crop watering
- Drip irrigation
- Livestock drinking
- Crop spraying
- Cleanest water possible due to the Wisy® 4-step system:
- Class-leading pre-tank filtration to 0.28mm. Advanced Vortex filter removes debris whilst oxygenating the water. The vertical construction avoids debris degrading on a horizontal filter mesh.
- Stainless steel calmed inlet for stable sedimentation and oxygenation
- Fine suction filter with 0.3mm mesh extracts water from the cleanest part of the tank
- Multi-functional overflow unit with deep water trap and anti-backflow device
- Single or twin stainless steel pumps
- Fixed speed, variable speed or soft-start pumps
- Energy efficient controller
RainTech® Commercial Rainwater Irrigation
Water is a major expense for many growers, especially those growing under polythene or glass, where demand can be high for some crops. In many parts of the country the water supply is significantly alkaline, resulting in limescale problems in irrigation pipes and valves. There are also some plants that do not thrive with alkaline water. Rainwater is an obvious solution in such cases, to supplement or in some cases even replace water from the mains supply. There are many nurseries, growers and garden centres that could really benefit from implementing a rainwater irrigation system.
Rainwater has been widely used by gardeners for generations and is easily collected from glasshouses and other buildings; and these days even polytunnels can be fitted with gutters. The vast majority of plants much prefer rainwater over lime and chlorine-laden mains water.
Our RainTech® Commercial Irrigation systems can be designed to suit the individual requirements of the application. Using the advanced filtration of the WISY Vortex filters, rainwater is collected with the minimum of particulate matter – an important factor where the water is to be pumped through fine nozzles or drip irrigation systems. Our systems can be configured to supply water at specific pressure or flow-rate where required and can be supplied with automatic mains water back-up or in stand-alone rainwater-only form. UV disinfection can be included where necessary (e.g. if the water is to be used in pressure washers or mist irrigation).
Reducing mains water consumption is high on the list of priorities for today’s farmer. Achieving a degree of water independence helps farmers go some way towards fixing their costs, which makes planning for the future easier.
In some cases, it is possible for farmers to obtain grants for rainwater collection and storage. Whilst grants do not always cover 100% of the cost, they can make a significant contribution towards funding and make the payback period more favourable. e.g. the Countryside Stewardship Water Capital Grant.
Details of the Water Capital Grant can be found on the Government website.
RainTech Commercial irrigation systems can also benefit from the Enhanced capital allowances (ECA).